Saturday, May 10, 2014

Simple Almond Cheese


I L-O-V-E this Simple Almond Cheese. I can’t wait to try all kinds of variations – herbed, olives, cracked black pepper. You can eat it soft like I did, spread on crackers (or pizza!). You can also bake it at 300 for a bit to dry it out. Baking it creates a crust on the top. That’s nice too.



Lots of recipes all over the internet, but this is the one I used, from Rawmanizing blog. DELICIOUS! 















Basically, you soak raw almonds overnight, drain them, peel their skins, place them in a high speed blender with some olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, etc.

1 C raw, unpeeled almonds
3/4 C water
2 T olive oil
3 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic
salt













Strain overnight in cheesecloth, wring out as much liquid as possible. Chill well. Eat. Simple Almond Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!