Saturday, May 10, 2014

Simple Almond Cheese


I L-O-V-E this Simple Almond Cheese. I can’t wait to try all kinds of variations – herbed, olives, cracked black pepper. You can eat it soft like I did, spread on crackers (or pizza!). You can also bake it at 300 for a bit to dry it out. Baking it creates a crust on the top. That’s nice too.



Lots of recipes all over the internet, but this is the one I used, from Rawmanizing blog. DELICIOUS! 















Basically, you soak raw almonds overnight, drain them, peel their skins, place them in a high speed blender with some olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, etc.













Strain overnight in cheesecloth, wring out as much liquid as possible. Chill well. Eat. Simple Almond Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!

There was an error in this gadget