Why use plain condiments when you can have this? Really. I’m serious. Get to the market and buy some jalapeno peppers. Go to the health food store and get some Vegenaise. You won’t be sorry.
I have been making this about once a week all summer long….serve it on burgers, tacos, fish, grilled veggies, chicken, sandwiches, omelets …the list goes on and on.
1. Roast a jalapeno on the grill or on the gas stove. You could probably roast it in the oven as well.
2. Put the charred pepper under some plastic wrap and allow it to sweat for a while.
3. Scrape off the burned outer skin of the pepper – do not rinse it!
4. Scrape out the seeds and veins of the pepper.
5. Mix with Vegenaise and your favorite hot sauce.
6. Dollop with confidence.
I suppose if you don't want to use Vegenaise, you could use regular sour cream, but there is something oh-so-perfect about the Vegenaise. I recently learned that Vegenaise is one of Ellen DeGeneres's favorite things....might that sway you???