Monday, March 25, 2013

Chilled Double Chocolate Torte




Look at this glorious dessert! It tasted as incredible as it looks, believe me; we scarfed it down in about two days. The mousse topping was so creamy and ridiculously chocolaty.  This was actually a ‘practice’ dessert for my St. Patrick’s Day party. (You may recall that I served small finger sized desserts instead of something fancy.)

Cabby says, "May the luck of the Irish be with you." Of course, that was after she got into the Baileys  Irish Cream.... no comment.


Confession: I was afraid to serve this because it’s…. shhh….  don’t tell…. Vegan.  No eggs, no cream, no cream cheese, no butter. But there is a super secret ingredient. Read on, dear blog friend, to discover my delicious secret.

Another confession: I am kinda kicking myself for chickening out and not making this for my party…. Oh, well, next time! 



On the near horizon is a fantastic vegan luncheon, and this frozen beauty just might make it to the menu.

To see the recipe click over to Oh She Glows and follow the directions to a 'T' :) ....and here's a hint about the secret ingredient:

Crazy, right? 

And speaking of things that make my heart go 'thump'.... I saw the first robin of the year today! 
Won't be long now!


And more heart thumping than a robin, there was a mature bald eagle eating his lunch on our ice earlier this week. Lucky me!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you tried it!! Thanks so much for the lovely review. :) That is a fav of ours. I saw a few Robins last weekend and was equally excited. :) Here's to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made avocado buttercream before. It is delicious. So is avocado ice cream, and it's good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esta tarta debe ser de las que te quedan en el recuerdo para toda la vida. Con aguacate, es muy original.
    Besos Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!