Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tribes and a Stolen Stollen


Certainly by now you have all heard the theory that we belong to different ‘tribes’ of people. I am a member of the “Middle School Teachers” tribe. I want advice and support from as many others middle school teachers as I can get! Some folks call us crazy…..but we’re just awesome.

I’m also a church choir director, so I belong to that tribe as well. I follow blogs, subscribe to magazines, participate in workshops, and join discussion groups. Most likely, the funniest (and most fun) tribe I belong to is my ukulele tribe. (Yes, I am a closet ukulele player…..) I travel to various cities to sing and strum with other ukulele enthusiasts.

Don’t forget about the vegan tribe! I joined 2 years ago and intend to stay for the rest of my life. This tribe has changed my life! Don’t know where I’d be without the other vegans in my life – whether virtual or in the flesh.

I absolutely believe this quote from Seth Godin (Google him. Love him. Have learned tons from him.)

“A tribe is a group of people connected to one another, connected to a leader, and connected to an idea. For millions of years, human beings have been part of one tribe or another. A group needs only two things to be a tribe: a shared interest and a way to communicate.”

Another tribe I belong to is “Lutherans who love to cook” and this stollen recipe was shared on our Facebook page. It would be simple to Google a stollen recipe – this one has a marzipan filling, so look for that if you’re actually interested.

A crazy, crazy amount of ingredients and lots of steps. Time spent soaking, kneading, rising, worrying. I have to admit that I over baked my loaves and had to cut off the toasted bottom of two of them. I also admit that my dog Lucy ate AN ENTIRE LOAF. (a stolen stollen, if you will) 

The one pictured here was by far the best looking one.  I share it here just to brag about my culinary achievement.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!