Friday, January 8, 2016

Crispy Cauliflower Cakes

Amazing! Super easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. These came together pretty quickly and were so delicious, especially with a spicy mayo for dipping. Seriously, these would be good even for company. If you have cauliflower on the menu for this week, I suggest you up your game and give these a try.

You notice in the photo above that I served my crispy cauliflower cakes with oven fries, roasted onions, and lettuce. You can bet that I ate way more than two cakes also. I mention this because today I told someone that I don't eat meat or dairy, and she asked, "What's left to eat?" I think my plate is a good example of what I eat on a regular basis. Massive amounts of veggies! (I squeeze in lots of beans, too!)

If, for example, you want to try the Crispy Cauliflower Cakes, you could serve them on a big bed of fresh greens and drizzle the spicy mayo over all of it. Lemony green beans would be great with this, or any other green veg. Rice, of course. A tomato salad. (tomatoes would have certainly given my plate a bit more color.....)

Crispy Cauliflower Cakes (from theveglife.com)

1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets and steamed until fork tender. Whirl them in a food processor when cooked - not too small
2 T ground flax seed and 6 T water - whisk and allow to sit in fridge for 15 minutes to thicken.
1/3 C flour
1/4 C cornmeal
2 T Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast
1/4 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t paprika
2 T chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Mix well in a large bowl. Form into 12 patties. Saute gently until brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!