Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Aunt Tracy’s Bean Bowl


 A revamped version of my favorite bean salad, Aunt Bebe’s Bean Bowl.  Of course my Walmart had no wax beans (too fancy for Walmart?) which the original recipe calls for. I substituted canned beets and was pleasantly surprised! I could eat this stuff by the bowlful. 

  • 1 can green beans
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • I can lima beans
  • 1 can chick peas
  • 1 can sliced beets
  • 1 sweet onion sliced very thin
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 1/3 C red wine vinegar
  • 1/3 C vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
Dissolve sugar in vinegar over low heat. Add oil, salt and pepper. Pour warm dressing over onions and bring to room temp. Add drained and rinsed beans. Salad is better the next day when it has had some time to marinate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!