Monday, December 19, 2011

What I have been doing since Thanksgiving


What have I been doing since Thanksgiving you might ask? Let me show you …..

Took a trip with my daughter to sunny Florida to visit my parents. We relaxed. We ate out. We slept in. We watched movies. We shopped.
Beautiful Ocala, Florida

My mom is an excellent cook - we were constantly eating. 
My parents' neighbor.



Celebrated my son’s 20th birthday…..let’s see, you’re thinking…. If she has a son who is 20 then she must be around _____ years old! (Yes! I am not a spring chicken anymore! I even have a kid who is older than that!)
Nice University of Michigan cake - Maize and Blue.

Helped organize a children’s Christmas pageant at our school. Those little lambies always get me in the Christmas spirit.


Hosted a Christmas party for my church choir…. Way too much rich and tasty food! 


I made this: Santa Fe Appetizer Tart - recipe to come soon. 

Went on a field trip with my students to the Frederick Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan to see their outstanding display of Christmas trees and holiday traditions from around the world.
Don't know much about the Indian holiday Diwali, but I was totally impressed by this display. Beautifully made with all natural food items - lentils, beans, rice. 

There is an excellent train display - all the buildings in the surrounding village are actually modeled after real building in Grand Rapids. They are constructed with all natural materials. Twigs and acorns and such.






Last, but not least, I have used the crock pot. Again and again. But Christmas is on the horizon, so that means great food in the near future!

Merry Christmas to you! 



9 comments:

  1. It all looks like fun. And that was some yummy looking food too. Glad you had a safe trip to your Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've been very busy and having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great time to be busy. I don't look forward to the holidays ending. That's when things get quiet, the cold weather sets in for good, and the only thing to look forward to is spring here in NY - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see lots of yummy food there! I hope you have a lovely Christmas:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That train display is lovely. There is currently one at the Botanical Garden that I hope to see before the end of the season. That Santa Fe Appetizer Tart looks heavenly. I'll be waiting, as patiently as possible, for the recipe. Happy Holidays, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had lots of fun and relaxation since Thanksgiving. I wish I could say that, it feels like my days just evaporated. I want to go see Fl, it's on my must visit list. You are not old, because that would make me old, lol. Love the tart. Wishing you and your family Merry Christmas.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a good time in Florida - it's so beautiful in the fall! Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!