Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baked Fish – Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution




Not a fish eater? You don’t know what you are missing (I apologize if I sound like your mother....) I predict you just might change your mind after tasting this. (Again, I apologize if I sound like your mother....)  This was A+ Excellent! You can find the original recipe here. Other Food Revolution recipes I have made are found here



Here’s what you need:
3 cloves garlic
Fresh basil
1 T olive oil
1 jalapeno or Serrano chili
28 ounce can diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 T red wine vinegar
4 x 5 ounce white fish filets, such as cod or sea bass – skin off and bones removed
¼ C good quality Greek black olives, pits removed. 


Here's what you do: 
Start by cooking the garlic and pepper in some olive oil. Cut a slit in the pepper to get some of the spicy goodness out of it and into your sauce. 


Add the tomatoes, smash it all together, being sure to get the juice out from the pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes or so. Add a tablespoon of red wine vinegar to give it a boost. 


Snuggle the fish down in the sauce - I was lucky enough to have fresh white fish here, but any mild fish would be nice - not salmon.... Sprinkle on the basil and olives. (It actually looks like I may have used parsley.... these photos are from a while ago.... whatever...)


Put the whole thing in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the fish is done - Don't over cook it! Serve with pride - it's a thing of beauty. 

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!