Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sweet Potato Patties

(Here's one of the recipes I promised last week! I'm starting with a good one)

I served these with black bean burgers topped with my famous roasted tomatoes. 

Recently, I was fortunate to receive a big box of ‘left-over’ sweet potatoes from our church pantry…..they were pretty far gone and needed lots of ‘surgery’ if you know what I mean. You know they're ready for the compost pile when the church food pantry can't use them…. Bruises, rotten spots, mysterious squishy places….but no harm, I kept slicing and dicing, and voila!



A note: the first time I made these I grated the potatoes with great success (but some mess!) The second time I made these I shredded the potatoes in the food processor with less success…..the shreds were way too long….you want them much more ‘shreddy’ if you know what I mean.



Here’s what you need:
About 4 cups of shredded sweet potatoes
3 T minced onion
3 T lemon juice
4 beaten eggs
¼ C flour
Salt and pepper
(cumin would be great in these also if you are in a spicy mood)



Here’s what you do:
Mix everything, fry in small bundles in a bit of oil until nice and crisp. Flip carefully and fry till cooked through. Sprinkle a little sea salt over top while they are warm.  Nice. 

3 comments:

  1. Tracy, these sound wonderful - I will have to try them. I'm alway trying to find ways of making my family eat veg. They are not keen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ellie, they are pretty darn good! Try them and let me know what your family thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love sweet potato and these sound just perfect - YUM!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!