Saturday, October 1, 2016

Petosky Stones on a Michigan Beach



Have you noticed a spirit of discontent and dissatisfaction that has absorbed into the fabric of people lately? I see it everywhere and it troubles me. I see people raising their voices at strangers. I feel the disgust toward me from people who are of a different political persuasion. I sense judgement, prejudice, condemnation.  I hear members of my own ‘clan’ criticizing each other behind the backs of so-called friends.

We attended an art show this week and my husband commented, “All the art seemed so angry.” – loud and in our faces.

I don’t know….maybe it’s just me.

As I age, I want my life to be a gentle and peaceful presence upon this planet. I want my tiny splash to make ripples of goodness and grace and forgiveness and acceptance.


Remember that old song? “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.” 

Are you humming? Me too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!