Thursday, January 12, 2017

Butternut and Apple Soup


A new year is upon us and that’s a good thing. I love a new start. Yes, I love Mondays. I love new novels and new shoes. I love new haircuts. I love to taste a new wine or to eat at a new restaurant. I just purchased new drinking glasses and, honestly, I feel like singing!


Adding an apple to a squash soup was new to me…..and I loved it. Be forewarned, this soup is not like other squash soups you may be familiar with. There’s no brown sugar, no nutmeg, no curry…just that apple. And that’s enough.



Here’s what you need:
2 C cubed butternut squash
2 leeks, sliced and washed thoroughly
1 medium onion, diced
1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
1 quart vegetable broth

Here’s what you do:
Throw it in a soup pot, simmer for about 30 minutes, allow to cool a bit, blend.

I guess I could have added a garnish, but , whatever….. I am actually sipping a cup of this soup as I write this post….no time for parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!