1. Seeing my two kids who are away at college – they were sweet enough to drive over and spend the day with us! I love that my adult children are carving out paths in this world for themselves.
2. Coffee with an old high school friend. We just recently reconnected and it feels good. Roots.
3. A gourmet meal of black bean burgers, sweet potato fries, broccoli salad, hummus, jalapeno poppers – all prepared by my awesome sister! Oh! And she made my favorite cake… how thoughtful was that? Recipe here. (Thanks B!)
4. An afternoon at the Detroit Institute of Arts viewing the Rembrandt and the Face of Jesus exhibit. It was so excellent! See some Google Images here. If Jesus really looked like that, I want to know more about Him - beautiful.
. 5. Church at Historic Trinity Lutheran Church in downtown. Beautiful. Traditional. Comforting. I can hardly believe this happened, but I met my old Sunday School teacher from when I was in 5th grade and she REMEMBERED me and my long hair.That's like 45 years ago. MAN!
6. Lunch at Greektown. Gotta love when they yell “Opa!” I had Moussaka, which for those of you who are regulars to my blog will know includes eggplant, which I love.
7. Dessert and more dessert! Sugar BUZZ....
8. A drive through the Heidelberg project. Check it out at Wikipedia if you are interested in urban art….. seeing it in person is quite an experience.