Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Modge Podge of Stuff


Just a few tidbits today – all in the delicious category….well, except one.

This delicious sandwich – Marinated and grilled portabella mushrooms, garlicky spinach, sweet sautéed onions. Served with roasted beets and fries. The bun was garlicy and toasted. (Thanks to Dawn for this excellent sandwich idea)


These delicious carrots – coconut oil, miso, maple syrup. Bake. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving. Sweet and sticky and salty. Oh my. Don’t forget to eat the humble carrot.




 These delicious ‘restaurant style’ enchiladas – truly, these three ingredients made a fantastic enchilada sauce.  (Thanks, Lisa, for suggesting this to me – a new standard in our house.)







 This weird, but tasty, cauliflower crust pizza – tasted great, but it stayed soggy in the center. We ate it like a casserole with forks and spoons. Recipes abound all over the internet. Take your pick. 


This even weirder and not tasty cauliflower crust pizza – first meal I served my hubby after his return from Japan. A dud.  (the pizza, not the husband….) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh you had me at the first picture - what an amazing sandwich - my mouth is watering!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! So glad you made the Philly 'Shroom Steak, Tracy!

    Here's the link to the post, I added the recipe for the sandwich in the comments for any of your readers who might be interested:

    http://veganfazool.blogspot.com/2013/02/kitchen-montage-steaks-soups-sautes.html

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!