Friday, April 12, 2013

Tomato Soup: My first meal



I had a root canal yesterday. If you have had the pleasure, then I need not go in to details. If you are unaware, then let me just simply say....I was in a lot of pain this week. I could not eat or drink or chew or sleep or talk or smile or function.... I probably owe everyone I know an apology for being so cranky. Sorry. I was in a Vicodin daze and was not responsible for my hazy behavior!

This was the first meal I had after my tooth was fixed; believe me when I say it was the best tomato soup and grilled cheese I have had in my life.

I used this recipe from Olla-Podrida blog. Pattie has great recipes; I have been following her blog for a long time. I  tweaked her recipe by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and almond milk instead of heavy cream. I also doubled the paprika and curry powder, cuz I'm a spicy girl.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your root canal went well (or as well as possible for a root canal) The soup looks delish! I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Root canals are awful...I had one a few years back that had some complications and required root surgery and stitches in my gums. I couldn't eat more than smoothies and soup for two weeks. I would eat this soup sore mouth or not...it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!