Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lemony Roasted Red Pepper Dressing


I have made this dressing twice this week, and it’s only Tuesday! It’s got all my favorite flavors; lemon, Dijon, roasted red peppers. Plop it all in a blender and whirl to perfection. It’s based on a Food Network Magazine recipe, but I made some tracy changes.



 The first attempt was a bit grainy / streaky because my red peppers were still frozen.

Today – total creaminess…. I was actually thinking about dropping in a tablespoon of sour cream. That would be heavenly. 


Black beans and avocados – now that’s not bad for a Monday evening salad! What would be really super is crispy Romaine, green peppers, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheddar, grilled chicken and avocados. This one is a total keeper!

Here’s what you need:
2 T lemon juice
1 T Dijon mustard
½ t sugar
Salt, pepper to taste
1 C roasted red peppers
¼ C olive oil
1/8 C water

Here’s what you do:
Put it all in a high powered blender and have at it.

(printable recipe)


Here’s one last look at the stuff on my son’s tostadas…..grilled chicken, white rice, cheddar, salsa, Lemony Red Pepper Dressing, habanero salsa. …. All served on a grilled tortilla. Lemon

1 comment:

  1. This dressing looks really good -- especially on those yummy avocados!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!