Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes: The Joy of Vegan Baking



What do they say? While the cat's away, the mice do play? That might be translated as, "My husband is out of town and I am eating cupcakes for breakfast." But, can you blame me? I made these excellent cupcakes for my daughter's birthday, and a few leftovers were tucked away in the freezer for my delish breakfast this week.


I'm telling you, the frosting was perfect on banana bread.
See below for other random stuff I eat when the Mr. is out of town. Lucky me. 

Buttery lima beans, roasted tomatoes, mustard seed potatoes

Roasted asparagus, roasted mushrooms, lettuce with avocado oil vinaigrette.  Leftover buttery lima beans :) 


 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
From The Joy of Vegan Baking, by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

½ C peanut butter
1 ¼ C nondairy milk
1 ripe banana
1 t vanilla
2 ¼ C flour
1 C suger
3 ½ t baking powder
1 t salt
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder

With a hand mixer, blend the peanut butter, milk, banana and vanilla. Stir the dry ingredients together. Add the dry to the wet and stir until well combined.

Spoon into greased muffin tins (or cupcake liners). Bake for about 20 minutes. When the cupcakes are cool, remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost when completely cool.

½ C peanut butter
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
½ C nondairy milk
2 ½ C confectioners’ sugar
¼ t salt
1 t vanilla extract

Mix the peanut butter and cocoa. Add the milk and beat until smooth. Add the salt, vanilla and the confectioners’ a bit at a time, mixing well after each addition. Frost generously. 

2 comments:

  1. You eat great when he's out of town! Cupcakes, lima beans and potatoes---excellent, my kind of fodd!!!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I have made your maple syrup roasted tomatoes, and they are excellent! Thanks for that great recipe/method..... and yes, I love lima beans too!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!