Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I got an award!



I got an award! Yea :) and many thanks to Amy over at Savory Moments. (thanks Amy!!) I have found much inspiration from her blog – great and creative foods. I copied her Sweet and Spiced Glazed Nuts recipe word for word (imitation is the greatest form of flattery, they say) and posted it on my Mlive blog. Addicting.  She also has a great looking coconut and lime poached fish that I’m planning to try.

So, OK, for the award I am supposed to list 7 things about myself…… horror! Like you really need to know 7 more things about me! You could click here, or here, and see some stuff about me (if you are feeling nosey and curious….) Or you could just keep reading for some other random stuff – maybe not all about me.

Number One: My son recently took a 2nd place in a local photo contest. Here’s the winning photo:




 Number Two: I think he should have won for this photo:  Your thoughts?



 Number Three: (I’m embarrassed about this one… but here goes) I also entered the photo contest and I happen to think this is a great photo…. I call it “Jenny Made a Cake.”  Note the tidy kitchen.



Number Four: I am dabbling in vegetarianism and veganism…. Just dabblin’ for now, folks.

Number Five: My oldest child will graduate from University of Michigan in a few weeks with a degree in nursing. She hopes to work in a Cardiac ICU – much more motivated that I ever was! So proud of her.

Number Six: My other son (the engineer, not the photographer) will be living on his own this summer and I am all in a bunch worrying about what/how/when he will cook and eat….. not much practice in the kitchen, but I guess we all start somewhere, eh?

Number Seven: I donated 3 dozen of my Cowboy Cookies to our school auction and they sold for (are you sitting down?) $500.00. Another person is going to purchase another 3 dozen for an additional $475.00. That’s $975.00. For cookies. Man. I feel very satisfied!


The second part of the award is to pass it along to 15 other bloggers. In random order, I choose the following favorite blogs of mine: ( I can only present 11)

1.       The Pink Leopard – tons of fun and outstanding recipes
2.       A Little African Magic – I love every post! Africa!
3.       Vegan Fazool – I told you, I am dabbling in the vegan world!
4.       And Baby Cakes Three beautiful photos and great food - very wholesome
5.       Ellie’s Place – Lots of great photos, sometimes of real castles
6.       Pam’s Midwest Kitchen yum.... 
7.       Raindrops and Daisies always a cheerful post
8.       The “Make Your Own Zone” I'm a long-time reader
9.       My Little Home and Garden -There's a fun "Sunlit Sunday" link there every week
10.   Inside a British Mum’s Kitchen I love meeting people from all over the world
11.   The Antique Wardrobe Super cute home made cards, NOT that I'm into crafts! 

Have fun getting to know these great bloggers. 



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award...my latest post is vegetarian soyrizo-potato tacos. sounds like it's right up your alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Tracy! I, too, once dabbled in vegetarianism -- it didn't last all that long though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, Thanks so much for the award! I feel honored to have made it on your list as the lone vegan blog!

    P.S. Everyone, you can just think of me as the Plant Based Fazool instead if it harbors less fear ;-) I am personally a "95% vegan" and dabbled for three plus decades in omnivorousness, so, I definitely sympathize! XOXO and thanks again!

    Dawn
    The Plant Based Fazool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you, Tracy! And thanks so much for passing it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for thinking of me, Tracy. I'm glad you like popping by every now and then.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award Tracy and thank you very much for passing it on to me. I feel most honoured.
    It's lovely to learn some things about you.
    Well done raising all of that money from you cookies - that is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it along! It was fun to learn a little more about you and I'm super impressed by the $500 cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award and thank you for passing it over all the way to Africa!! So impressed by those cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!