Thursday, March 29, 2012

Potato and Kale Patties


Trying to get more kale in our diets over here, you know, because it’s one of those *super* foods we are all supposed to eat.  It’s really not that difficult, just have to put your mind to it. And besides, it tastes great.

Try these and let me know what you think.



 Here’s what you need:
Some mashed potatoes
Some chopped and cooked kale
Some seasonings (I used lots of salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme)
Some milk to loosen the mash (non-dairy is fine)



Here's what you do:
Boil  the potatoes until fork tender, remove them and set aside. Cook the kale in the same water. Grind up the cooked kale in a processor with a bit of the potato/kale water to loosen. Add the potatoes, milk, seasonings and blend.   Form little potato patties and place on oiled baking sheet. I baked mine for about 25 minutes and they were great. I didn’t use very much oil so they really didn’t brown on the bottom, but they tasted great!

Get healthy! Eat kale!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to say that this is certainly a new one on me, but, you know, I think I might give it a try. Kale is supposed to be so good for you, but I've only ever made the baked kale chips (yummy, I might add), and they just don't go with everything. Thanks for this, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Kale is something we do eat relatively regularly, but this is a new recipe for me. I know we would love it (and potatoes are one of my most favorite foods).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!