Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Grilled Portabella Mushrooms: VeganMoFo #19




I'm a Veganwannabe : Post #19

Portabella mushrooms (or is it spelled with ‘o’ ….as in portobella? Or even Portobello?  I looked all over the trusty internet and couldn't get a straight answer as to how to spell this word.) At any rate, they are great. We are mushroom freaks around here as you can see from some of my previous posts here. (Vegans, you may peek also because there is an excellent Mushroom Barley Bake somewhere in there.)



Here’s what you need:
2 large portabella mushrooms, gills and stem removed
2 T olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper








Here’s what you do:
Mix the marinade ingredients and soak the mushrooms for an hour. Grill. Eat. Enjoy. Many thanks to Livvy over at 86Lemons for the inspiration for this recipe.  

I served mine with black beans, sauteed red peppers and delicious whipped cauliflower. You only see one mushroom on my plate because Tim ate the other one. I was expecting him to eat the chicken breast I had baked for him instead of the mushroom, but he chose the mushroom....what's going on here? 

Click back tomorrow for my last VeganMoFo post. I can't believe that my vegan month is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!