Saturday, November 17, 2012

Giving Thanks that the shopping is done!


Who is crazy enough to do the Thanksgiving grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon right before the biggest eating day of the entire year?  Don’t ask.

Here's what's on my menu-- 

Appetizers (served during the football game. Detroit Lions fans here!):
Garlicky toast with Trader Joe’s Tomato Bruschetta
Crimini Mushroom Bruschetta (garlic, shallot, balsamic)
Tortilla chips with salsa and homemade guacamole
Caulipops
 (I cannot wait to try these! Little roasted bites of cauliflower baked in sweet and spicy 
Buffalo sauce)
Spicy mixed nuts
Cheeses and crackers

Dinner:
Carrot and Ginger Soup (I bought fresh carrots at the farm market this morning)
Turkey breast (ordered a fresh one from the butcher. It’s going in the crock pot – don’t judge me!)
Mashed potatoes (bought fresh ones at the same farm market)
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms (quinoa, mushroom, garlic, dried cranberries, pinenuts)
Fresh Green Beans (I’m thinking about making The Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole, but it would mean another trip to the store, which I hate.)
Maple Miso Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts (making a double batch of this)
Roasted Squash with brown sugar and butter
Cranberry Sauce

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Apple cheesecake

What’s going on your holiday table? 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I haven't even done my shopping yet. I was thinking late Tuesday night when hopefully no one is at the store :-) Your menu sounds delightful! I love carrot ginger soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a feast. All is low key here; Canadians had Thanksgiving last month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caulipops during the Lions game - Oh Boy! Sounds like good eating at your house :) I'm getting off pretty easy this year with just having to bring a batch of mashed potatoes and an apple pie. Hope your family has a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!