Friday, June 19, 2015

Layered Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing

Layered Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
I forgot to add the avocado :(



Are you ready to be the talk of the July 4th picnic? Are you the type who must always bring the most beautiful and delicious dish to the potluck? Are you a salad freak like me? Then I have the recipe for you! Basically, it's layer upon layer of fresh veggies and beans and a super simple creamy dressing made from your favorite salsa. Best part? It's low calorie.

Straight from a thread on my Facebook, and then linked back a thousand times to a FB page called "Eat Clean. Train Mean. Live Green," I bring you "Layered Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing." You're gonna love it!


I do recommend serving the dressing on the side, because it's not the prettiest looking dressing on the salad. Also, plan to have leftovers - another good reason to keep the dressing on the side. I actually doubled the dressing and plan to use it on burritos, quesadillas and some tasty corn fritters I have in mind. 

For the salad:
layer chopped romaine
black beans -drained and rinsed
fresh mango
frozen corn (thawed)
red onion
orange bell pepper
cherry tomatoes 
avocado


For the dressing:
1/2 C coconut milk (I used Silk brand)
1/2 C salsa
2 T mayo
1 T olive oil
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2  t chili powder
1/4 t salt

fresh cilantro (maybe 2 T or more to taste)

Blend all the dressing ingredients, except the cilantro, well. Add in the chopped cilantro and blend it quickly one last time. 

1 comment:

  1. This salad looks and sounds delicious Tracy. I always am looking for new salad recipes to make in the summertime. I'll have to give it a whirl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!