Thursday, July 26, 2018

1980s Cheesy Bean Dip




Are we eating any healthier these days? We certainly know more about the effects of the SAD diet (Standard American Diet) on our bodies than we did in the 1980s, but do we care at all? I know I do.

I recently learned that a few dairy industries have had to close shop or at least cut way back on production because the demand for non-dairy milk has increased so much in recent years – and that is GOOD NEWS! And I also just learned that some of the disgustingly huge meat companies (think Tyson and Smithfield) have put some of their energies into cruelty free meats (think Beyond Meat and Tofurky …by the way, have you tried the Beyond Meat burger? OMG!)

Well, I regressed this week and ate a batch of this cheesy bean dip, which I lovingly call *1980s* cheesy bean dip….cuz, you know….cheese and all that….so 80s.



Here’s what you need:
2 cans refried beans
1 C shredded cheddar
1 C shredded Monterey jack
1 brick cream cheese
1 C sour cream
½ pack taco seasoning
Hot sauce to taste


Here’s what you do:
Melt and stir, melt and stir, melt and stir. Dip and eat, dip and eat, dip and eat.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!