Monday, July 23, 2018

Cashew Cream Zucchini Sauce



What happens when you go away from your zucchini plants for 5 days? It’s no exaggeration to say you get some pretty large veggies.



I do believe zucchini could feed the world, and if we prepared it this way, everyone would be happy!

I filled my Cuisinart 2 times. Jam-packed. 


Here’s what you need:
Freshly picked zucchini
Lots of fresh garlic – minced
Lots of red pepper flakes
Lots of raw cashews
Fresh basil



Here’s what you do:
Saute the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and cashews in a generous amount of olive oil. Roughly shred the zucchini and add it to the garlic mixture. I added more cashews at this point and I don’t regret it. Allow it to simmer and cook down a bit, but be warned, the zucchini never really ever shrinks at all. Toward the end, when the cashews are soft and the zucchini is pretty soft, add lots of fresh basil. Stir vigorously. The aroma is heavenly!

Allow to cook a bit and process in a high-speed blender. Serve on pasta with a nice parmesan. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!