Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Boursin Cheese



This recipe was adapted from “Party Receipts from the Charleston Junior League” cookbook, 1993 edition. If you’ve been reading this blog from the beginning, you already know that I totally love Junior League cookbooks.  I suppose women in the Junior League (especially in decades past) hosted parties and luncheons and ended up collecting the very best recipes. Who knows?
 If you ever come across a cookbook from any Junior League, be sure to buy it – I’ll bet anything that the recipes you find within will surprise you.


Examples of good cooking from my Junior League Cookbook collection.      

From “Soupcon – Seasonal samplings form the Junior League of Chicago” - 1974
From “Clockwise Cuisine- Junior League of Detroit” -1986:
Here’s what you need:
16 ounces Low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel style)
8 ounces whipped butter
2 cloves garlic – minced or squeezed through garlic press
½ - ¾ t Beau Monde seasoning- this is a bit salty, so add it to taste
½ t dried thyme leaves
½ t dried basil leaves
½ t dried chives
½ t ground marjoram
1 t dried dill weed


Here’s what you do:
Mix well!   Delicious!
(printable recipe)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to try this one. I have only 1 other recipe that calls for Beau Monde seasoning - you don't see many of those.

    Love your blog, Tracy! Between this and MLive, you are doing a great job...keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Debbie, yes this cheese is really nice and crisp tasting. It's great smeared on chicken breasts which have been pounded thin, then rolled up and baked.
    @Sue, thanks for the nice note! I really don't even know what's in Beau Monde..... Had to buy a new jar just for this recipe. My old one was , well, let's just say... really, really old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I posted about this recipe...hmmm...
    I LOVE boursin, but it's sort of pricey at the grocery store. This recipe is great...definitely saving!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!