Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pantry Bean Soup




Vegan Month of Food Day 26: It's cold and rainy and there's a snow drift outside your door!
What are you going to make using the ingredients you have? 




Today we're supposed to imagine that a snowdrift has stranded us in our kitchen and we must cook from our pantry. This has actually happened to me, so it's not hard to imagine at all! But I hope all you folks in sunny California and Arizona and Florida can imagine a snow drift outside your house...... here, let me help you.... 
Won't be long till the white stuff in here. 

Near my house, on Winter street. No joke. 

There's a car under there.  A beautiful blue Jetta. 


I actually did make this soup from only pantry ingredients. The photos have been on my camera for a while, so I don't have exact ingredients or amounts, but I guess that's what happens when a snow drift traps you in the kitchen! You create!
Looks like carrots, dried tomatoes, frozen peas, veg broth, and some type of grain. Maybe yellow lentils?



I see red onion and potatoes. Turmeric and curry and sriracha. I bet I did not add garlic. I think garlic is sometimes overused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!