Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sweet and Smoky Glazed Tofu Ham (Isa Chandra)

Vegan Month of Food 2017
“Lines and Light”


(a line of original poetry or a photo of light every day for the month of October)

“Where do you get your protein?” they inquire.
“Where do you get your fiber?” I respond.

Day 3:  But where do you get your protein? Make a protein packed meal.
(click HERE to see what others are sharing today)


Can you even believe how gorgeous this tofu is? Seriously! TOFU HAM! That’s crazy! As you might know, tofu is made from soy beans and those little babies are loaded with protein – easily digested, delicious protein.


I followed the recipe closely, but I used marmalade instead of apricot jam. I also skipped the whiskey and smoked salt. I’m telling you, the marinade actually tasted like ham. It was smoky and sweet and thick and dark. One important note is to really press the tofu well. This will help it obtain that chewy, toothsome bite we tofu lovers crave. 

Find this excellent recipe HERE. (Thanks, Isa!)

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I've been saving this recipe from Super Fun Times for a special occasion, but I don't think I want to wait much longer now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!