Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tamales



How many times have you wondered about the "Authentic Tamale Kit" in your local grocery store produce department? I took the plunge and tried it and I lived to tell about it. 



True, the corn husks were kinda plasticy and not real corn husks and true, the masa was 'instant' (just add warm water), but still! Look what I made! They were AMAZINGLY good. Very simple to do, but a huge amount of time and a big mess in the kitchen. 


I started by making my excellent cauliflower taco meat. Find that recipe HERE. I also thawed my homemade suiza sauce. Find that recipe HERE. You could easily fill your tamales with other kinds of meat fillings, and douse them with any other kind of Mexican sauce or salsa. 



Then it was simply following the steps on the package. Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!