Friday, September 27, 2013

Cilantro Lime Cashew Sauce

V is for Vegan and S is for Sauciness



Whoa. If you like cilantro and lime you will LOVE this sauce. I guess once you conquer the basic cashew cream sauce, you can flavor it in any way you please…..and this pleased me very much.

(I used a bunch of frozen veggies from my freezer. Onions. Corn. Roasted red pepper. Flageolet beans.) 

Here’s what you need:
1 C raw cashews
½ bunch cilantro – leaves and stems
1 lime – zest and juice
½ t salt
¼ t cayenne pepper
1 C water
2 T cider vinegar
1 T olive oil

(I spread on a bit of refried beans. Topped each with the sauteed veg. Rolled and placed in oven proof dish. I put a bit of salsa underneath so the burritos don't burn.)

Here’s what you do:
Place all in a high powered blender and watch what happens.



Note: I tried pouring the sauce over the burritos both before and after baking them. I preferred it cold much better….and check out the unnatural color it turned when it was baked!  You could pour this over stuff, like I did here. Or you could spread this on tortillas before making bean burritos or quesadillas. It would be great as a fresh dip and even thinned out as a salad dressing.


1 comment:

  1. So creative! The sauce sounds amazing. This is my kind of meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!