Thursday, September 5, 2013

Grapefruit Jalapeno Martini

V is for Variety and G is for Grapefruit Jalapeno Martini


Welcome to the Vegan Month of Food (VeganMoFo)  I intend to post 20 times during the month of September – all about vegan food. Check out the gals who organize the project here, and search out other fantastic vegan bloggers. I decided on the theme of “V is for Variety” because, honestly, once I quit the chicken breast – my food choices exploded! Join me!

Wow your friends or just drink alone. Either way, you won’t be sorry. I have been drinking these all week….sometimes with a touch of vodka and sometimes with extra soda water. Tart and spicy and totally refreshing!



Here’s what you need:
2 C grapefruit juice
½ fresh jalapeno, seeds and veins intact
Soda water
(vodka for you grown-ups out there)

Here’s what you do:
Simmer the juice and pepper for about 15-20 minutes or until it’s beginning to thicken and get syrupy just a bit. Strain out the pepper and any stray seeds. Chill. I used ¼ C of juice, one shot of vodka and then topped it off with soda water for my pretty martinis.  For a super refreshing afternoon drink, make it 50/50 juice and soda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!