Sunday, October 15, 2017

my crummy spice rack

Vegan Month of Food 2017
"Lines and Light"

Cloves for friendship
Curry for love
Mint for healing
Paprika for fun
Anise for grandma
Basil for joy
Saffron for Jenny 
and Ginger for me!

Day 15: Spicy!


A few days ago I shared some photos of my brand new kitchen. It is gorgeous! I chose soft white for the cupboards and a cinnamon colored wood for my island.  My granite is called Winter White. It is so soothing to look at and touch. And lucky me, I was able to make my island huge. HUGE. It's so great! I can't remember how I survived without all the electrical outlets! I put them everywhere. 

The only thing I didn't do right when designing the new kitchen, is my spice rack - or better said, the lack of a spice rack. It's terrible! I have no where to put my dozens of spices. Dozens. 

You can see I have three twirling store-bought spice caddies. I had to transfer the spices from their original containers to those round jars and then I used those hideous green labels. I have these caddies in my pantry on the top shelf, and every single time I pull out the shelf, spices go tumbling off the caddy and down to the bottom of the pantry. Oh, joy. Do you notice all the spices just laying around up there. It's horrible. 

The baking-type spices are located in a stupid wooden box on the bottom shelf of the pantry. They are a total jumble. Lucy likes to smell them. Sigh. 

I love my new kitchen, but I can't stand my crummy spice rack. :( 

1 comment:

  1. My spices are kind of jumbled up wherever I can squeeze them, which isn't ideal either. Today's prompt is giving me serious spice rack envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!